Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hang In There

Let me start by saying that Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  I KNOW THAT.  I know that I know that I know that that is true.  His plans are far greater than any I could ever come up with and I am thrilled to be even a smidge a part of anything He has got to do with.  Use me Lord.  I'm a pretty patient person, I really am.  I know that His timing is perfect.  However ('however' is just a fancy 'but' - I think I heard Dr. Phil say that a long time ago) when it comes to bringing orphans home and uniting families with their children, why is now not the perfect time?  Like I said, I know that His time is perfect.  And when we finally hold Avery there will be absolutely no question in my mind as to how this all unfolded and why, I won't care to be quite honest, for a while I won't care that it took this long.  And then, oh AND THEN, what a story we will tell.  One of our pastors says that God can't give you a testimony without a test.  I've often said that I don't have a testimony (silly me, careful what you ask for)!
  
A couple of days ago as I was passing by our map of China, I stopped to say a little prayer for Avery and her birth parents and it turned out to be a bit of a sob fest on my part to God.  He heard me and let me let it out.  I think He might've had just a tad of a smile on His face, not because I was hurting but because He sees the big picture, "Silly daughter."  He sees our beautiful Avery, and the day we get to see her picture for the first time, and how we will praise Him for His faithfulness, and how we will marvel at how His beautiful plan has unfolded and how we were blessed enough to be a part of it.  God is so good. 


No comments: