Sunday, February 07, 2010

. . . Ending the Week on a Good Note!

It was a rough week here at the McMurphy house. And when I say rough, I mean, rough. It all started when last Friday - you know the one, the one with the snow day? the billionth snow day this year? yes, that's the one - when I started feeling yucky. At first I thought it was something I ate, but no, nope, it kept getting worse. I ended up spending most of the next 24 hours in bed with a stomach virus. Thank God Lyndal made it home BEFORE the snow/ice hit. Otherwise, I would not have been able to spend much time in bed AT ALL. Then, about Saturday night the rest started getting sick. Nicci was down for about 3 days straight. She was one sick girl. The three little ones got a cold, but Avery's went worse. I guess her little immune system is really taking a hit. We spent 2 hours Tuesday evening in the pediatrician's office, got a chest x-ray and a breathing treatment. No pneumonia. Breathing treatment didn't do much. So, we had to go back the next day. She was finally diagnosed with viral bronchiolitis which basically means to 'go home and wait it out.' No antibiotics. No cough medicine. Nothing to help us get through our 4th night of not sleeping good. Nothing. And, I'm not much of a medicine taker anyway, but I just wanted her to be well! In the midst of that, Conner started feeling yucky with the stomach thing and he missed 2 days of school (that was really kind of nice, not the part about him getting sick, the part about not having to get up with all the kids, load them up, and take him to school at 7:25am. We got an extra 45 minutes of sleep. But this is about Conner, not me:) By about Friday we were doing much better. Oh! And Lyndal got sick while he was in Colorado working! Poor guy :(!

We were all well enough to go to Piedmont for my Grandmother's 86th birthday!


My cousin Peyton and Carlie - do they look like twins or what? They are about a year apart, but they are almost identical, minus the glasses!
I love this woman! I love my family! It was also the first time Avery had met my Grandma, Grandpa Kenneth, Aunt Cathy, Uncle Gerry, and a bunch of cousins. And we had not met my cousin's new little baby boy, Braylon! He is almost 4 months old and he's been sleeping through the night since December! He gets mad when you wake him up! Shut up! Avery clung to me for about the first 20 minutes then she was off singing and dancing, just be-bopping along! The only person who got to hold her was my cousin Kasie. We had a lot of fun together.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: