Saturday, March 19, 2011

And We're Back!!

So, moving day came and went. This first picture makes me want to throw-up a little bit in my mouth because it was just a tad stressful and the thought of our stuff being in boxes and everything in total disarray makes me a little yucky. But I'm good now :). This is our old house.


We hired these movers to move us (duh). They started out at 8am and weren't done until 8pm that evening on a Thursday. Our goal was to have beds or mattresses down so we could at least all sleep someplace comfortable that first night and know where our clothes were so we could all make it where we needed to go the next day.


And then . . .

The GREAT snow of 2011 hit. We moved in on a Thursday and snow fell that next Monday. For two whole weeks the kids did not have school. We got record amounts of snow. The USPS didn't run and neither did the UPS. I've lived in Oklahoma my entire life and have never seen so much snow for such a long period of time. It was beautiful and incredible and after a while kind of boring. You would have thought I'd gotten a lot of packing and decorating done while we were cooped up in side, but I had seven mouths to feed, wash up after, entertain (we had no cable, but did have the Apple TV), and manage. So, not a lot of unpacking happened during those two weeks, but we did have fun and stayed cozy warm and had full bellies. The kids have to go to school until June 1 and their school days are extended 30 minutes until then because of all the snow days. I guess it could be worse, right?

More to come later about the new house and all that comes with it. Just thought I'd get started back into the blogging world!

2 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Moving is daunting...
So glad you arrived safe. I can't wait to see the inside of your new home!!!

Love and blessings,
Robin

Gael said...

I'm glad you still seem to be coherent :)