Thursday, September 08, 2011

A Brief Recap of Summer 2011 - Just Gettin' Caught Up!

To say it has been a boring, uneventful summer would be an understatement.  There were times that were definitely boring, but man, what a summer.  I've heard that blogging is 'out,' well, I'm just going to have to be 'out' because keeping this blog is my only means of scrapbooking for now.  So here we go...

I'm currently recovering from my 2nd surgery since June.  I'm usually a healthy person, but apparently things decided to go a little haywire.  After my partial hysterectomy I got myself all back together and we had a few weeks of summer lovin'.  Then my gall bladder decided to rear it's ugly head and it wanted o u t.  At about 2am Tuesday morning August 30 I called my mom and my only friend who doesn't have to get up with kids the next morning, Janet.  Mom came to watch the kids (Dawna relieved mom at 6am so mom could get to work) and Janet took me to the ER.  I was admitted and three days later had emergency surgery ;).  The surgery schedule was backed up and my bilirubin was high so they made me stay until they could get me in.  Apparently, my gall bladder was in pretty bad shape according to the doctor and she was glad we took care of it.  Me too, frankly.  Ugh.  That whole week is kind of a blur . . . but we are back in gear!  So, here is summer in a nutshell:

4th of July with some of our bestest of friends at Ft. Gibson

China Camp!  This is Evan, he is Avery's 'orphanage brother.'  We were able to take pictures of Evan for his forever family while we were in China.  By the way, they don't remember each other, they were too young :(.

They started out clean!  We had a giant mud party at church with 2 other churches.

First day at our NEW SCHOOL!  This is Ethan my 1st grader and Nicole my 6th grader.

First day of preschool for the 'twins!'  Freedom!

Avery's 3rd birthday!  Her favorite character is Rapunzel from Tangled.

We have one more birthday coming up - Miss Carlie will be 4 Oct. 1.  Then we take it easy for the rest of the Fall - does that sound right?  Ha!

No comments: