Monday, August 14, 2006

Bible Verses I Learned Yesterday

I am keeping a list of Bible Verses that we can stand on while we go through this. So far, they are mostly about orphans and patience. God is good and patience has not been a problem! We pray every night that this baby girl never knows the feeling of abandonment, being unsafe, or being unloved. We also pray that her birth mother and birth father will somehow know they don't have to worry and will strangely have a peace about them when they have to make this difficult decision.

Isaiah (49:23) Kings will be your foster fathers,
and their queens your nursing mothers.
They will bow down before you with their faces to the ground;
they will lick the dust at your feet.
Then you will know that I am the LORD;
those who hope in me will not be disappointed."


Habakkuk (2:3) For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it° will certainly come and will not delay.


Micah (7:7) But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD,
I wait for God my Savior;
my God will hear me.


Psalms (37:7) Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;


James (1:27) Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

No comments: