Monday, October 19, 2009

Cattails!




Fall Break brought us to Ga Ga's in Northwestern Oklahoma. I love living in Oklahoma because we get to experience all the changes of the seasons with God surprising us with all His creativity and glory. Not too far from my mother-in-law's house is a lake and the kids and I decided to go exploring (except for Carlie, she stayed back and got some one-on-one Ga Ga time, and Daddy worked on the deck). The lake was very low so we were able to walk where there is normally water. The kids thought that was pretty cool to see what a lake bottom looked like. When I was a kid I used to think it would be cool to see what you could find at the bottom of a lake, mostly because I used to lose my earrings and I wanted to see if I could find them again. This was not that kind of lake - no swimming or water-skiing going on here, and the fishing is catch and release only. One of our favorite finds when we went on our walk were these huge cattails! I haven't seen cattails in years and I think they are really cool! We cut down a couple of them to take to Ethan's class for their sensory table which now has a Fall theme. There wasn't anything too interesting at the bottom of this lake, just a couple of plastic grocery bags (those things will never go away), one Heeli*s tennis shoe minus the wheel, lots of big sticks, broken glass, and aluminum cans.

By the way, God's timing is perfect. Even though we did not get our request answered for last week, we are looking forward to another prayer full week as we present our request to Him again. Can't wait.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: