Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nicole Got Her Ears Pierced!



Nicole has NOT wanted to get her ears pierced at all. She kept saying that she would do it when she became a teenager or when she got married. She was afraid it would really hurt. We've been talking about this for a very long time and finally I just said that I was going to take her to Clair*'s and we were going to have it done. I think she was kind of relieved that I took charge because she just weakly said 'ok.' She was a little nervous, especially when the girl doing it said that since she was the only one in the store that she could only do one ear at a time. I thought "Oh no, we are going to leave here with one ear pierced." But the girl was really fast and Nicole didn't even cry! She was very surprised that it didn't hurt that bad at all!

So, after the piercing of the ears we did a tiny bit of earring shopping. I had two rules: no hoops and nothing large and dangly. Let me just say that my daughter has very interesting taste in earrings. Every time she would show me something she liked I was so shocked. I thought to myself, "This is what my mother must've felt like shopping with me! My poor mother!" I learned to just not show her anything that I liked and politely veto a lot of her choices (even though I stated my rules, she still wanted things large and dangly with neon things hanging off of them). This is going to be fun isn't it?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Howard and Kim said...

Yay Nicole! Lots of shopping for "bling" now!! Halli's 6 weeks will be over on Sunday, and she is already planning a shopping trip for earrings. :)