Saturday, April 18, 2009

Who Else But HIM?

My Bible study has recently started "The Patriarchs" by Beth Moore.  It is so very good and I am learning a lot about Abraham, Sarah, Hagar, Lot, and soon I will be studying about Isaac and Jacob.  One of our lessons was how Hagar had given God a name:  He sees or El Roi.  I was so comforted by that!  HE sees ME, HE sees AVERY!  He sees each one of us as if we were His only child.  OH!  That really blessed me that morning (and still does)!  

A fellow adoptive mom of mine was "next" to get her referral from China.  Her family had been waiting for a little over THREE YEARS to finally see the face of her daughter - that is a long time to be pregnant!  It was supposed to be any day for her to find out the name of their daughter, what province she was from, and birthdate.  So, I shared with her what I had learned from my study, that God SEES us.  He knows exactly what she's going through, He knows right where her daughter is.  HE KNOWS!  Later that day she sent me a text message.  She had gotten her referral and her daughter's Chinese name is "Cen Si Ya."  Do you see it there?  It looks like it should say "Can See Ya." (Although the 'c' is a soft 'c').  Is that not confirmation that He does see us?!

Wait . . . it gets better . . . 

My adoptive mom friend and her family have named their daughter Jessa Elizabeth SiYa.  They have a website where she is posting her daughter's name and their travels, etc. as they go through their adoption.  On this website there's a place where you can "sign" their guestbook.  A friend of hers, whom I do not know, signed the guestbook and wrote that she had looked up what Jessa means.  It means . . . are you sitting down?  In Hebrew Jessa means "He sees!"

Are you just blown away!  Isn't that amazing?!  ONLY GOD!

No comments: