Saturday, November 22, 2008

Holidays Past



I have some great family pictures of Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter from the 70s and 80s. It's almost as much fun looking at the people as it is looking at the furniture, cars, and clothes! The top picture is from a time in the summer when my Aunt Patty and Uncle Jerry came in from California to my Grandma and Grandad's house in Piedmont. The middle one is of my three cousins and myself (and part of my sister - I didn't take the picture, so you can't be mad at me). I love my big, giant cowboy boots and my cousin Mark's pants in this picture. Oh! and don't forget the orange shag carpet and wood paneling! AND, if I remember correctly my outfit was purple polyester. The bottom picture is my two cousins Rusty, and Robin, and myself at my other Grandma and Grandpa's house. Check out the cool stereo/record player thing against the wall. Not sure why we aren't smiling, I know we were happy children. Maybe it was because we hadn't opened the presents yet?
There are more pictures to share, but I didn't want to scare you all at once! Enjoy the little blast from the past!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: