Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ugh.

It's been a busy summer so far.  We are in the middle of Vacation Bible School at church.  It is an evening Bible school for two and a half hours.  I love VBS!  It is one of the best things the church does all year and I look so forward to it.  I am helping my friend J. with music.  She's the musically inclined one and I am the humorous side kick.  It does mean some late nights this week and baths in the middle of the day instead of before bed.  Mornings are lazy.  My niece is also here.  She's so much fun and such a great kid!  Bless her heart, she's been smack dab in the middle of the 5th and 6th graders at VBS!  I think she's doing OK, she seems to be having fun and getting to know a few kids.

As far as Avery goes, well, there's not much as far as Avery goes.  We are still waiting.  "Waiting" is a word I have begun to really not like.  Sometimes we are waiting and I forget we are waiting.  Or Avery has become 'the wait.'  Waiting is our fifth child.  Maybe I should get 'the wait' a car seat in the van.  I could buckle up all my adoption paperwork.    

Our immigration paperwork expires for the third time in September.  This means we have to refile, redo, refingerprint, REPAY.  It is so frustrating that there are orphans waiting, that there is paperwork in the way, that there are families willing.  I KNOW that God is in control.  I KNOW that His timing is perfect.  I KNOW that when this is all over and we have Avery with us that there will not be any doubt that this whole wait was perfect and so very worth it.  I DO NOT DOUBT THAT!  I just get frustrated.

In the mean time we are going to enjoy our lazy, busy summer.  Gymnastics, little day trips here and there, library, a little home/summer school (and the crowd goes wild for that one!!), church, a short mission trip for Conner, the park, family, ice cream, and whatever strikes us as fun for that day.  Maybe we'll get a really important, life changing phone call during one of those days.  Oh, how I can't wait for that call.

No comments: