Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bring in Da Noise Bring in Da New Trumpet Player, Little Brother, and Little Sister


I'm having a full circle moment . . . Conner has started playing the trumpet this year. Yes, I am excited! (I was a major band geek in high school. "This one time at band camp . . . ") However, I am NOT pressuring him at all. I want his taste for this art to develop on it's own. He has a great sound. So, after school it gets pretty noisy with Conner playing the two, now three notes he knows, Ethan singing whatever words pop into his head, and Carlie screaming at the top of her lungs. But it is oh, so much fun!
The way they teach band has changed since 1981-82, or maybe it was because I went to a smaller school. Conner is in a class with nothing but trumpet players. I'm just curious to know how this will all work out when they play their concerts, I'm not worried! It is, after all the great Renigade Regiment of the Union Public Schools that he plays for! I KNOW they know what they are doing. Have you EVER seen Renigade Regiment?! They rock the house! Bring it on!!
Does anyone else notice that he only has on one sock? Hm. Me, too. Not sure what to think about that.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: