Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No More Questions

This past Sunday was a day that doubts and questions reared their ugly head in my head. It started in our Community Groups when we were talking about desires and how God wants to give us the desires of our hearts if our hearts are in line with God. For instance, if I desired to be a drug addict would God give me that? Of course not! He loves me, he sees the big picture, he has my best interest at heart. So, it just made me think that what if our desire to adopt this baby from China, an orphan, isn't God's desire? I know it sounds a little crazy, but with the long wait and everything it just makes me think that maybe this isn't what we are supposed to be doing. Even though we are already very aware of the 'miracle of adoption' through our own process and watching others, sometimes I doubt. So, my head is swimming with these thoughts, and I am just a little beside myself that maybe we are supposed to jump ship. Then we get to the sanctuary and Praise and Worship starts (I love the praise music in our church) and the third song we sing is "He Knows My Name." It's been on here before, but I don't get tired of hearing it or singing it. That is THE song that fits our situation, the words are for Avery and for us and all the doubt washes away.

No comments: