Thursday, January 01, 2009

Christmas in a Roasted Chestnutshell 2008





Well, we are home from a whirlwind of traveling and gifting and celebrating. A friend of ours said somewhere on a website "I want a 51" TV to celebrate the birth of our Savior." That struck me. It just struck me and made me think. So, I asked my children what they thought Christmas was about. The two older ones said that it was about Jesus' birth - YAY they got it. The 3 1/2 year old said that it was about Santa. Understandably, in his world it is, but we have some tweaking to do and we will. In the meantime, I felt the joy, and the love of a wonderful family that was all across this great state of ours.
My sister, brother-in-law and her two kids came for a few days. The two little boys, now 4 and 3 1/2 get along so well, almost too good. They turned the closet completely upside down once and the bedroom upside down once (curtan rod bent significantly, legos EVERYWHERE), and did countless jumps from my boys' beds to Carson's blow-up bed (who saw that coming?).
We decided this year to have one big family celebration at my house with my two sisters and their families and my parents and their significant others. It went swimmingly (ha ha - note the boys in their swimming suits, Ethan has taken Carson to the blue side)! We had a Mexican style fair while the gifts were just for the kids.
Christmas morning came with Santa and all his pack of stuff and then we headed to the center of the state where we visited my Grandmother and Kenneth. The kids opened up their presents and the adults played Dirty Santa boys vs. boys and girls vs. girls. There were 39 people at my Grandma's house, EVERY member was there. I LOVE going to my Grandma's house. It is security. It is familiar. It has not changed in years. I love that woman. I need to not get so attached to a house don't I! Anyway . . . maybe more later, maybe not!
Then, we trecked to Woodward Oklahoma . . .
Posted by Picasa

No comments: