Thursday, January 01, 2009

Nicole is NINE (9)!




We had a very small party this year with just a few very close friends and our cousin Reagan. These girls are so silly. At first they were very camera shy and kept darting under the table every time the camera came into view, but after a while they warmed up. The pink hat, well, that is a story in and of itself. It keeps getting passed back and forth between our family and our good friends. Their daughter's came over one day and I told them they could have it (much to their mother's chagrin), a few weeks later it ended up on our windshield at church. It just so happens that they are our optometrist and I put it in one of their offices when we were there getting our eyes examined (have you noticed how many glasses this family wears - let't count, four out of 6?!). And now, it showed up in Nicole's birthday present (along with the real gift, even though she was thrilled to have her precious pink hat back)! I have a plan on how to get it back to them, though, boy do I have a plan! Anyway, back to the 9 (nine) year old we now have!
Nicole is nine (9)! She was born in 1999! She is amazingly smart, beautiful, funny, loving, caring, and so much more. I thank God every day that she is our daughter and that I get to spend all my days with her. She cracks us up. She is an amazing big sister to E and Carlie. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for this one, it is going to be good. Some of the funniest things come out of her mouth: when asked if she wanted to play basketball last season she said, "No, it's so boring, all you do is stand there." And, as we were getting out of the van one day when I was pregnant with E, I said, "Let's hurry because mommy has to use the restroom." She said, "That's good because my bottom's eating my panties." She's just a hoot and we love her!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: